Top 10 of the best fashion designers in the world: Fashion can be seen as a way to express yourself with absolute confidence and control. It covers our appearance, what we wear and how we react and present ourselves on every occasion through specific means of dress, footwear, hairstyles, accessories of different kinds, makeup and posture and appearance general.
Fashion is a whole world, it’s more than what we wear, fashion is a lifestyle and says a lot about our history, our origins and our culture. The fashion has been widely popularized by the fashion industry and media around the world. The fashion industry has also streamlined different aspects of fashion and helped promote the industry even more.
Today, we have the garment industry specializing in fabric manufacturing, garment making, and fashion design to garment modeling. This has also been replicated in the other strata of fashion like footwear industry, hairdressing industry, accessories industry and fitness industry where postures are adjusted and refined. For the purposes of this article, we will focus on the apparel industry and the drivers of this industry.
Recommended: Differences Between Fashion Design and Couture
The garment industry is indeed a very important industry under the fashion industry. The clothing industry is run by fashion designers otherwise known as tailors. The art of fashion design is not a petty skill as it requires a level of precision, meticulous detail and a high sense of professionalism. Fashion design is the art of applying beauty, style patterns and natural accessories in the construction and making of clothes.
Fashion designing is undoubtedly a very lucrative skill due to its rubust market. Being a fashion designer requires, among other things, a certain level of creativity. Indeed, the garment made by a designer speaks more about the person who wears it. It shows the reverence that fashion designers command around the world.
Like every other aspect of life, fashion industry movers, especially fashion designers, are somewhat categorized by their level of expertise. These categorizations reflect their level of skill, creativity and professionalism in what they do. This largely explains their level of attendance and translates into their social status as well as their industry rankings. Let’s take a look at the top 10 fashion designers in the world.
Recommended: Best Universities in Ghana 2022
Top 10 famous/best fashion designers in the world
1. GIORGIO ARMANI: The world’s richest gay designer with over US$9.53 billion (according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index 2021) started his own fashion line in Milan, Giorgio Armani SPA on July 24, 1975, with his friend Galeotti. The Italian fashion designer was born in 1934.
He had worked as a freelance designer for many notable companies like Bagutta, Hilton and others before establishing his own fashion line. His Armani brand is known worldwide and was considered the richest Italian fashion designer in 2001.
2. RALPH LAUREN: Raph Lauren, an American philanthropist and businessman worth over US$6.5 billion, is a fashion designer. Born in 1939, Lauren is the owner of the Raph Lauren Global Multibillion Dollar Corporation. It is well known for its famous fashion industry and car collections. He remains the company’s chief creative officer and executive chairman, although he stepped down in 2015 as CEO.
Lauren received the Coty award for the most creative of the year in men’s fashion design in 1970. Raph Lauren has won numerous awards in the fashion design industry over the years, including the Coty Hall of Fame for Menswear in 1976, as well as his second Coty Award for Womenswear as well as the American Fashion Award in 1975.
Recommended: Which is correct, condolences or condolences? Answered
3. CALVIN KLEIN: The winner of the Golden Plate Award from the American Academy of Achievement was born in 1942. Calvin Klein is an American fashion designer and businessman. One of the world’s top 10 fashion designers who started the company that later became Calvin Klein Inc. in 1968.
He has a registered trademark in jewelry, perfumes as well as luxury watches in addition to his clothing line. Klein has won many other awards besides the Golden Plate Award from the American Academy of Achievement, such as Outstanding Design in Men’s and Women’s Apparel in 1974.
4. MARC JACOBS: The American fashion designer and founder of Marc Jacobs Fashion Level, was the French design company Louis Vuitton, creative director for more than 17 years, starting in 1997. The head of fashion brand Marc Jacobs (his own fashion line ) was born in 1963, April 9.
One of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2010, according to Time Magazine, is a renowned fashion designer, although one of the influential gay people in America, he remains a leading figure in the fashion industry. In 1992, Jacobs received the Female Designer of the Year award from the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
See also: How to prepare for a vocal presentation: 10 tips
5. DONATELLE VERSACE: Donatella Francesca Versace, better known as Donatella Versace, is the sister of the owner and founder of Italian luxury clothing line, Versace, Gianni Versace. The fashion designer and business mogul is also a model. She was born in 1955. With part of the fashion company Gianni’s Versace inherited by Donatella after the death of the founder Gianni Versace in 1997. She is currently the creative director of the Versace brand and has transformed the brand into a resounding brand in the whole world. Versace remains one of the top fashion designers in the world with a global clothing brand.
Donatella Versace has won numerous awards, including the 2004 Fashion Bambi Award, the 2005 World Fashion Award as Designer of the Year, the 2017 Fashion Icon of the Year Award by the British Fashion Council and, more specifically, the first woman to be appointed as a designer. of the Year at the GQ Men of the Year Awards in UK and China 2018.
6. COCO CHANEL: The famous Gabrielle Bonheur »coconut“Chanel, known for her line of luxury clothing and exquisite perfumes, was born in August 1883 and died on January 10, 1971 as one of the world’s finest fashion designers. She was a French fashion designer and also a business tycoon in her day, she was the founder of the Chanel brand, which to this day remains one of the leading brands in the fashion industry.
Chanel was an excellent fashion designer at heart and the only fashion designer mentioned as one of the 100 most influential people of the 20th century according to Time magazine’s list. Her line of jewellery, bags and clothing is of great aesthetic taste. She was one of the best fashion designers in the world and her brand continues to hold the standard.
See also: How to get good at math (Top Secrets of Brilliant Mathematicians)
7. TOM FORD: Tom Ford SA is one of the world’s leading brands in the fashion industry. The founder and owner of the TOM FORD brand is a renowned fashion designer. He founded his fashion line in 2005 and has since steadily gained traction in the industry of luxury ready-to-wear and bags, as well as cosmetics and footwear.
He also runs a collection of luxury accessories. He is worth over US$654 million
8. CHRISTIAN DIOR: French fashion designer Christian Dior was the founder and largest shareholder of the world famous luxury fashion company commonly known as DIOR in 1946. Dior is a French luxury fashion house known for its aesthetic quality and its line of clothing and expensive jewelry.
He is recognized worldwide and definitely one of the top ten fashion designers in the world.
Recommended: How to Become a Professional Photographer
9. DONNA KARAN: American fashion designer Donna Karan, also known as DK, was born in 1948. She is the founder and owner of the famous clothing brand DKNY.
Donna Karan won the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) Menswear Designer of the Year in 1992 and in 1990 and 1996 she won Womenswear Designer of the Year by the CFDA, among others.
10. MIUCCIA PRADA: Italian fashion designer and billionaire Miuccia Bianchi Prada is co-CEO and chief designer of one of the world’s wealthiest clothing brands, Prada. Prada’s co-CEO born in May 1949 was valued at over $4.8 billion by Forbes.
See also: Differences between goals and objectives
In conclusion, the fashion industry is indeed a big booming industry. The list is endless, but for the purposes of this article, we were able to limit ourselves to the top 10 fashion designers in the world and, as we saw in the introductory part of this article, their skills, dexterity and prowess artists in the industry has shown great reflection in their status and global recognition.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a law student and certified mediator/conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is determined to change the legal profession by creating web and mobile applications that will make legal research much easier.